The Homestead needs your help as we cook, educated, heal, care for and help over 300 children a day
School attendance support: School fees, uniforms, shoes, school bags, lunch boxes, school stationary and books. We also need good second hand grey school pants and white school shirts, and grey school jerseys
Clothing and Toiletries:
- Good second hand casual boys and girls clothes, jeans, running shoes, jackets, jerseys and caps.
- Soap, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brushes, face clothes, toilet paper and female hygiene products for the adolescent girls in our early intervention programmes.
Dry Groceries: Amasi (2lt), Baked beans, Beans (dry), Beef stock, Bisto, Black Pepper, Masala, BBQ spice, Chicken spice, Cinnamon sticks, Cocoa powder, Coffee, Cool drink Oros, Custard Powder, sunflower oil, Imana, Jam, Jelly, Lentils, Macaroni, Mayonnaise. Mealie meal, long life milk, Oats, Peanut Butter (not with sunflower oil in), Rice, Salt, Samp, Spaghetti, Sugar, Tea, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, White bread flour, Tin tomato & onion, Tomato sauce, Chutney, Yeast.
Protein: Fresh meat/ chicken/fish, Soya, Tin Fish
Points Reward System: Old cell phones, tablets, laptops in working order; vouches for places like Ackermans, Pep stores, Picknpay; Toys, children’s books, backpacks; or even vouches for outings to a fast food restaurant, a trip up the mountain or a movie night.
- Games, dominoes, cards, puzzles, Monopoly, Abacus etc
- Soccer balls: Always in great demand, especially the leather ones.
- Skateboards: We have a skate park at Khayelitsha
- Soccer posts – the small ones for 5aside.
- Fence for the front of Launchpad
- Upgrade of Cottage A to include storeroom, new staff room and toilet.
- The entire inside of the Launchpad is due for a repaint.
- Built in Cupboards. The boys at Launchpad need built in cupboards.
- 2 new carpets for cottage B: 3m X 4m
- Painting of outside of the Launchpad centre