Position Advertised: Social Worker (Bishop Lavis Drop-In Centre)
Closing Date: 15 October 2023
Expected Start Date: Immediately
Remuneration: R16 500 per month (gross), plus provident fund.
The Homestead Projects for Street Children successfully
transitions neglected and abused children away from the street, back home or on
to successful independent living through a holistic set of prevention,
outreach, stabilisation, residential care, family reunification and youth
transitional programmes. The Homestead works with chronically neglected,
abused, and abandoned children as well as with children living, working and
begging on the street.
The Homestead seeks to appoint a qualified and SACSSP
registered Social Worker to be based at our Drop-in Centre in Bishop Lavis,
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide social work services, school attendance and support, crisis intervention to the children attending the Homestead Drop-in Centre.
· Conduct individual and family assessments, develop and manage IDP’s and provide therapeutic services, guidance and support to vulnerable children and their families
· Refer children to statutory services and other external resources when necessary.
· Oversee and coordinate the Drop-in Centre programme, including social and life skills programmes, group work, holiday programmes, school support and recreational activities
· Conduct positive parenting skills and public education and awareness programmes
To apply, please submit a motivation letter, CV with two recent and contactable references, police clearance certificate and qualifications to:
For more about Homestead Projects for Street Children, refer to www.homestead.org.za